Tuesday 2 January 2007

Finding A Quiet Space

One of the difficult things about living near a main road is that there is traffic noise at all times of day and night. That means that it can be difficult to find a quiet mental space when doing reiki - and I find that is essential if I am going to concentrate on what I am feeling.

It can be achieved, but it takes some work. I find it useful to focus on light (while my eyes are closed) or to think of something relaxing, such as an empty beach. When I do that, I can feel things. This morning, I tried that and immediately noticed an increased warmth under my right hand in position six. I hadn't been feeling it before, because of being distracted. I think techniques for focusing can be a key part of maximising the experience of practicing reiki.

No comments: